Search My Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

White Bean Dip


I have a habit of arriving home from work starving. Regardless of what I eat during the day, arriving at home somehow signals my body that it's time to relax and refuel. Generally, this ravenous state causes me to eat whatever happens to be most easily accessed and needs minimal preparation. Thankfully, I don't keep many munchies lying around the house, but what I usually end up reaching for is crackers and cheese, bread, or some leftovers. And really, that is just to tie me over until dinner.

So, what I've gotten into the habit of doing is cutting up veggies and making a dip. That way, I have a healthy snack ready when I arrive home afterwork. This can also double and a healthy, game day snack (go Canucks go!) or part of a to-go lunch.

By the way, if you aren't feeling the "healthy" vibe, pair this dip with tortilla chips!

White Bean Dip
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of Dip
1 can White Beans (White Kidney Beans or Cannelini Beans) with liquid
1 Clove Garlic 
1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley 
2 tbsp Tahina (Sesame Paste)
Juice of 1 Lemon 
Salt and Pepper

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with more salt, pepper and lemon juice if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment