Search My Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Herb Breaded Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce


These are my husband's favorite. He constantly hints at them... as if I have forgotten to make them for him for a long time!

There are infinite ways of making chicken tenders, and I usually do it differently each time I make them. Sometimes I bread them with cornflakes, cornmeal, crackers, or bread crumbs, and sometimes I dip them in egg, egg and milk, yogurt, or olive oil. I usually end up baking them, but sometimes I pan fry them first. It really just depends.

But no matter how I make them, one thing remains the same, and that is the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. No matter how I make the chicken, it really is the sauce that counts.


Herb Breaded Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Serves 4 to 6 people

1 1/2 kg Chicken Breast, cut into strips
2 cups Bread Crumbs
1 cup Flour
1 tbsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp Dried Parsley
About 1/4 cup Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Farenheit).

In a large bowl, mix together bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.

In another large bowl, place the chicken tenders. Drizzle with olive oil until all the chicken tenders are coated.

Dip each olive coated chicken tender into the breadcrumb mixture and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, turning once during cooking. Serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar

Stir together the mustard, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy with chicken tenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment