Search My Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies


I think Thumbprint cookies are my favorite kind of cookie. I love the way they look and the richness with the sticky sweetness of the filling.  

Every year, my mom makes them at Christmas time, rolled with sesame seeds and filled with red jam (for my mom's thumbprint cookie recipe, click here).

And I often take this recipe, and switch thing up, by rolling the cookies in nuts or sugar, or filling them with nutella or cream cheese.  Today, I am twisting this idea even further by playing with the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly.

I mean, who doesn't like peanut butter and jelly? And in a cookie, it's got to be a winner!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Adapted from www.joyofbaking.com
Makes about 30 cookies

1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp Milk
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
Jam
Sugar for rolling

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to incorporate.

Roll the dough into 2 cm balls. Roll in white sugar and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, pull out of oven, and using your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon, press to form holes in the centre of the cookies. Fill with jam and bake again for about 5 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. These are really yummy! Even though I didn't have any vanilla on me, the family and I love them!

    ReplyDelete