Search My Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ginger Spice Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches


A few years ago, my mom introduced me to these amazing Crisp Ginger Spice Cookies as an alternative to gingerbread cookies. They are crispy and delicious... kind of a cross between gingerbread men and gingersnap cookies. Ever since my mom discovered these, they have made a regular appearance in our Christmas cookie trays, and this year was no exception.

These cookies are really easy to make because they don't require rolling or cookie cutters. The dough is pressed into a loaf pan or rolled into logs and frozen. Then they are cut thin and baked.

When I arrived home this holiday season, I once again found myself enjoying these fantastic cookies. Then, it hit me.  The long, rectangular shape reminded me of something-- ice cream sandwiches!

So, I decided to turn these cookies into my favorite frozen dessert! I used white chocolate ice cream, but of course, you could use vanilla, peppermint or whatever kind of ice cream you prefer. In this case, I added the ice cream, squashed the 2 cookies together, and ate it, but you could also make the sandwiches and wrap them in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for a future frozen treat.

As you all know by now, I love frozen cookies or all kinds. But these ginger spice cookie sandwiches which combine my two favorite desserts (frozen cookies and ice cream)? Absolutely to die for!!

To get the recipe for the Crisp Ginger Spice Cookies, click here. 

To make the ice cream sandwiches, once the cookies are cool, scoop some of your favorite ice cream onto a cookie. Place another cookie on top and press gently. Eat immediately or wrap and freeze for later.



No comments:

Post a Comment