Search My Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Pulled Pork Quesadillas


A few months ago, I made Pulled Pork with Crispy Pork Crackling for the first time. Since then, I have made it on a number of occasions both when entertaining, and just for my husband and I to have for dinner.  And while pulled pork is incredibly delicious, it is also quite rich. So you can imagine, how much of that pulled pork we had left when it was just made for 2!

So, what I got into the habit of doing was pulling the pork, then putting it in tupperware containers and freezing it. I then pulled it out later for salads, sandwiches, and, my favorite, quesadillas.

I absolutely love quesadillas because they are quick and easy, but satisfy all those cravings for something warm, cheesy, flavourful and of course, easy to share. As long as you have the tortillas and some cheese, you can really put anything into them and they become great snack or a fast meal on the table.

I've made lots of varieties of quesadillas with the pulled pork leftovers. Here is one of my favorites!

Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Serves as many as you want!

Pulled Pork
Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Green Onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Flour Tortillas (Any size, any variety)

Optional Condiments for Serving:
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Salsa

Lay one tortilla on a plate. Sprinkle grated cheese on half of it. Top that half with pulled pork, some green onions, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle some more grated cheese on top. Fold the plain half of the tortilla over the half with the pork and press down lightly. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
 
Add enough olive oil to the pan to just coat. Heat over medium heat.
 
Place 2 of the folded tortillas into the pan and press down lightly. Cook until the tortilla is browned and the cheese is melted. Turn over and cook the other side. Cut into triangles and serve with preferred condiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment