Search My Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chinese Salted Pork Stuffed Vegetables


I have shared with you my mom's Chinese Steamed Pork with Salted Egg, which I fondly refer to it as Chinese meatloaf. It is salty and meaty and great with steamed rice and some simple sauteed veggies.

Today, I decided to mix it up a little and stuff this "Chinese Meatloaf" into some vegetables. Kind of a fusion between my husband's beloved Tomate Farcee (stuffed tomatoes in French) and my Chinese Meatloaf. A happy marriage of sorts.

You can stuff really any sort of vegetable you like... Tomatoes, Peppers, Zucchini, and Eggplant are a few that work really well. Serve this dish with a nice salad, some steamed rice and veggies or even mashed potatoes to make a great meal.

Chinese Salted Pork Stuffed Vegetables
Serves 4

500 gram Ground Pork
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
2 Salted Duck Eggs, separated
1 cup of Diced Veg (I used the insides of the zucchini I hollowed)

Hollowed Veggies for Stuffing
I used:
2 Zucchini, cut into half then lengthwise and hollowed
2 Yellow Peppers, top cut off and hollowed
2 Large Tomatoes, top cut off and hollowed

First, chop up the duck egg yolks into small pieces. In a large bowl, mix together the pork, onion, brown rice, duck egg whites and yolks, and diced vegetables. Mix until fully combined. Stuff this filling into the hollowed out vegetables. For tomatoes and peppers, you can place the "top" back on if you like.

Bake on a lined sheet at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment