Search My Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Food for Pleasure

Some would say that the main goal of food is to provide energy, nutrition, and stamina, but for me, the primary goal is pleasure. Barely have I eaten the last bite of my breakfast, when I am already thinking about what I am going to make for lunch. When I go to the gym (which I do primarily so that I can eat more later), I love to watch Food TV, while other gym goers scorn at the thought of watching food when they are undoubtedly trying to rid it from their minds and bodies.

At the bookstore, I could spend hours sitting on the floor of the cooking aisle, flipping through pages upon pages of pictures and recipes, and dreaming of how my kitchen can transport me across the world and back in an evening.

Of course, I love to dine out, but the pure satisfaction of creating a meal which can bring both myself and my loved ones pleasure, far exceeds the satisfaction attained from eating out at even the finest of restaurants.

The only problem is... there are never enough meals in the day to experience it all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very similar. I tend to think about my next meal when I'm eating my first. I loves food. Nice blog. Pop in every now and then to mine, if ya got the time busy lady. thatspasta.blogspot.com

    Yeah we likes the food. :)

    ReplyDelete