Search My Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Homemade Chili Oil


I love a little bit of spice. And so often I find myself sprinkling chili flakes onto my pizzas or dipping bread in olive oil flecked with chili.

But besides dried chili flakes, I have a new favorite pantry staple… Homemade Chili Oil. It is so easy to make, and you get a much more intense and dispersed chili flavor. Drizzle it over your pasta before serving or spice up your garlic toast. I think you will find this oil indispensible in your kitchen!

Homemade Chili Oil
Makes 1/2 cup

2 tbsp chili flakes
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil

Sterilized jar (boil in water for about 10 minutes to sterilize).

Heat oil to about 225 degrees. Add chili flakes. Let cool to room temperature and pour into sterilized jar, straining if desired.

Store in fridge for up to a month. When the oil starts to become cloudy, discard.

1 comment: