Search My Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crispy Rice & Chocolate Chip Cookies


Mmm... cookies! So quick to make, and a big batch put in the freezer provides homemade goodies for a long time to come!

These cookies are a little twist on regular chocolate chip cookies because they have rice krispies in them as well. I love the addition of the rice krispies because they add an additional texture component and almost lighten the cookies.

Crispy Rice & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 60 cookies

1 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
4 cups Rice Krispies

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips and rice krispies.

Drop by spoonful onto the lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

3 comments:

  1. My family always put Rice Krispies into our chocolate chip cookies. You're right that they add a delightful crunch. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've never seen chocolate chip cookies with rice crispies inside. Did you have to add or subtract moisture to accommodate them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TheChocolatePriestess -- Thanks for always reading my blog! And to answer your question, I did add an extra egg as a binder.... Hope you try them and enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete