Search My Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


Peanut butter is a love-hate thing. You either love it, or you hate it. I love it.

I love it on toast, apples, celery or just on a spoon. And I love it in cookies.

It's funny because I grew up loving peanut butter and have always just had it around. What I didn't realize, is that not everyone has a jar of peanut butter in their pantry growing up.

My husband had never eaten peanut butter until he met me. He was 24. He didn't really like it. At all. Then, one day, he started eating it and couldn't stop. And so started the loving relationship between my husband and peanut butter.

Oh, and I am sure the cookies helped....

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 cookies

1/2 cup Margarine, room temperature
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (smooth or chunky-- your preference)
1/3 cup White Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup White Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Salt
1/2 cup Rolled Oats

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into wet ingredients. Stir in rolled oats.

Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls and place on greased or lined baking sheets. Flatten with the back of a fork. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some peanut butter too. These cookies sound great! I'd need a giant glass of milk with them.

    ReplyDelete