Search My Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Festive Eggnog Pancakes (can be whole wheat!)


So I recently did a post about these awesome eggnog muffins. I originally made them because I had some eggnog leftover from when my sister came over. Well, needless to say, I loved these muffins so much that I bought some eggnog to make some more. And what do you know, I still have eggnog left in the fridge. And so begins that vicious cycle of leftover eggnog.

I figured I should make something else besides the muffins. And since my husband was off from work yesterday, I decided to make something for breakfast besides our usual bowls of oatmeal. So I made pancakes. With eggnog. Oh, and I added a little extra nutmeg and cinnamon just to emphasize the fact that these were eggnog pancakes.

I made the pancakes with whole wheat flour, but you could use white flour or a mix of white and whole wheat. The pancakes were delicious and fluffy. You could eat these with maple syrup, butter or jam, but I highly recommend eating them with a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk. I think the milk adds to the spirit of the eggnog pancake.

They were fluffy and delicious and oh so festive.

Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Festive Eggnog Pancakes
Makes about 12 pancakes

2 cups EggNog (I used Light Eggnog)
2 large Eggs
1/4 cup Canola Oil

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon

In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then beat in the eggnog and the oil. In a separate bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter does not need to be smooth. Lumps are totally fine. 

Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter on the preheated griddle, leaving space between each pancake for it to spread and so you can flip them. Once bubbles start to rise to the top of the pancake and around the edge, flip over. They should be golden brown on both sides.

Serve with a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk, butter, jam, maple syrup or condiments of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment