Search My Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My 100th Post!!!

My 100th Post and 1 year of blogging! Can you believe it! Time has really flown. I definitely need to thank everyone who has read my blog, eaten my food, run out to the store for me, and been the guinea pigs for the not so good ones

So today, I would just like to take a look back at my all time favorites in the first 100… It was so hard to choose, but here we go!

Let’s start with chicken. I have no idea how many times I have cooked chicken in the last year, but here are some of my favorites--- roasted, grilled, rotisserie, marinated… you name it, I’ve tried it. After all, chicken is probably one of the most versatile meats, but it can also be incredibly boring if you don’t know what to do with it. I know we have all felt that way about chicken at some point! So, here’s another look at some great chicken dishes!

Rotisserie ChickenKao Soi CurryBBQ Chicken BurgersQuick Easy Chicken CurryMom's Soy Sauce ChickenCrunchy Cornmeal ChickenSavory 10 min Chicken BreastChicken ShawarmaRoasted Chicken with Balsamic


And then of course, we can’t forget all the baking that’s happened. I never really considered myself a baker in the past, because I generally don’t like to follow recipes. I like the freedom to add a pinch of this and a dash of that to anything I create and never felt that baking gave me as much of that freedom as I wanted. Well, after a year, I have found a way. Yes, there have been some failures, but I have had fun baking, taken some chances, and learned along the way!

Cinnamon BunsWarm Lemon Polenta CakesDelicious Lemon Cake with Lemon GlazePatriotic Vanilla Cake with Butter Cream FrostingDark Chocolate Dipped Citrus BiscottiNaughty (or Healthy) Chocolate-Banana Cupcakes Apple Tart with Orange Zest & Cinnamon Thumb Print CookiesHappy Valentine's Day!

And on top of all that baking and chicken, there is the rest. The many meals, snacks, treats, and indulgences which I have made for myself and for others. Actually looking over my blog to choose my favorites was a little nostalgic. I wanted to eat it all again…. And I am sure I will!

Brioche French ToastQuick Tomato & Egg SkilletCumin Scented Lentil Soup Fresh PestoRavioles du RoyansThe Story of MomoChinese Steamed DumplingsBC Wild Spring SalmonYummy Grilled PizzaZucchini Fritters with TzatzikiSweet and Savory PopoversEasy Pork Tenderloin with Maple and MustardEasy Lamb Osso BucoChili Dusted Steak Wraps with Red Cabbage SlawRoasted Chicken with Balsamic

So, here’s to another great year of cooking, sharing, eating, and entertaining! I can’t wait to see what this year brings! The journey is just beginning...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!! Everything looks delicious and looking forward to the next 100.

    ReplyDelete